If you’re from the big city and going on vacation to somewhere exotic, then you should be ready for things to be different at your destination. Different people, different food and different customs. However, it seems some people didn’t get that memo…
Of course, when you’ve paid good money for an expensive vacation, you want things to turn out as well as possible. So if the hotel, flight or destination doesn’t live up to your expectations, then it’s only natural to feel disappointed.
That being said, there are a lot of Negative Nancies out there, who would do better to consider their words before they start yelling and making a fuss. Complaining about every single thing seldom leads to a pleasant vacation.
There’s nothing wrong with complaining in and of itself, but you need to make sure it’s constructive and aimed at the right person. Who is responsible? Who can fix the situation? Many people lose their common sense when they get upset. As it turns out, that can also lead to hilarious situations!
We’ve compiled 21 unbelievable complaints that travel agencies and tour operators have received from New Yorkers. I can’t stop laughing when I read these! This is crazy!
1. “We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers, as they were all Spanish.”
2. “We booked a trip to a water park but nobody told us we had to bring our own swimwear and towels.”
3. “The beach was way too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room.”
4. “Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there wasn’t a single egg-slicer in the drawers.”
5. “I think the brochure should be more clear on the fact that the supermarkets don’t sell real cake, like cheesecake. We had nothing to eat with our coffee!”
6. “The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we couldn’t read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of so many things that would have made our holiday more fun.”
7. “On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food!”
8. “My fiancé and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king size bed. We hold you responsible and want to be reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”
9. “One day the pool was a bit too warm, the other day it was a bit too cold. Why can’t it be just right?”
10. “The hotel receptionist was rude to us after we lost our third key. I call that bad service.”
11. “The sand on the beach was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white, but it was more yellow.”
12. “It’s so lazy of the shopkeepers in Puerto Vallarta to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during ‘siesta’ time — this should be banned!”
13. “No one told us there would be so much fish in the water. The children were scared.”
14. “It took us 13 hours to fly home from Jamaica to JFK airport. It took the Californians only six hours to get home. This seems unfair!”
15. “I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends’ three-bedroom apartment, and ours was significantly smaller.”
16. “The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the resort’. We’re trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service.”
Number 21 is insane
17. “It’s your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or rowdy guests before we travel.”
18. “I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes.”
19. “They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax.”
20. “There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners.”
21. “We had to line up outside to catch the boat – and there was no air-conditioning.”
Source: Thomas Vacations, Viralking, Lajkat.
SHARE this with your vacation-loving friends!