In today’s world, there are a lot of things that can concern or offend you. Climate change, wars, pollution, etc. It’s a slippery slope once you touch a delicate topic while talking with your friends or family. However, there are a lot of reasons to be happy. We, as a species, have come a long way. Technology has taken us so far, and it might not look like much, that’s normal. We are engineered to give for granted what we have so we can move on to the next goal.
Who would have thought humanity would have a global neural network of millions of computers around the world? I can call my parents on the other side of the world for free, with no delay. I would take inventing the internet over flying cars any day of the week.
So yeah, we’ve come a long way if you look back. Things that we used to do and consume seem so primitive now that it gets bizarre at one point. Nowadays we have more common sense and Political Correctness. However, some people just take advantage of PC to get some easy attention, going out of their way to get offended or shame a person for who they were as a teenager or what they tweeted 10 years ago.
With all that in mind, here are 31 old photos that would easily offend thin-skinned people on the internet. Inspired by Shareably.
1. Bottoms up
2. Nice pet you have there
3. How not to teach your kids to swim
4. A boy needs his cigar
5. Just a normal family picture
6. That girl means business
7. Ice skating with a baby, safety first
8. Car seats were not very safe back then
9. Bring your baby to a rave, yup
10. Back then safety was fake news
11. I would be just as concerned as this child
12. This young lad has stories to tell
13. Alright, that is one way to do it
14. This is actually kinda cute
15. Risks aside, it’s a great view
16. What better for safety than a mother’s arms
17. A nice and safe nap
18. Child seats really took a long time to get safe
19. A smoke after giving birth
20. Mom will help you do anything son
21. Guns for kids, NRA’s wet dream
22. Talking about more guns
23. I guess children were expendable until recently
24. Ads were brutal back then
25. This will offend a lot of people
26. Honestly, they had no chill
27. Heineken must be pretty proud of this one
28. When arranged marriages were still a thing in the west
29. Just some kids having fun
30. I wonder why there are no more Bear-rides?
31. How the tables have turned
So, there you have it, the world doesn’t look that bad now eh? Can’t deny that we’ve come a long way.
Do you think so? Then share this article with your friends and tells us your opinion.