“Art is in the eyes of the beholder,” this is clear as many of us find difficult to understand most pieces. Rarely can you comprehend a painting’s “vision”; even if someone tells you the intention of the creator, you still don’t know what to look for in the piece.
Classical art is no exception, even if the people in the paintings look relatable to us, it doesn’t make it easier to understand unless you have one of those fancy “art degrees”.
Something that is always fun about old art, however, is that the people in the paintings can look hilariously similar to people among us.
So with that in mind, we have gathered 16 people here who met their doppelgangers – in the museum!
1. It’s scary how alike they look!
2. They both look disappointed at your life choices
3. They’re relatives, I’m sure
4. “So I found a Picture of myself Dressed as a samurai 111 years ago at the museum. Apparently, I was a collector of samurai armor, I’ve drunk a lot since then so I don’t really recall but It’s totally plausible that’s it’s me.”
5. What a chivalrous man!
6. The older generation looked smarter
7. She found her great grandmother
8. A staring contest with his predecessor
9. It’s like he’s projecting a memory of himself
10. The only difference: one is wearing headphones
11. He looks just as proud as the one in the painting
12. Close enough, he should get a dog though
13. “My ancestor had a good taste for hats!”
14. This is too similar, crazy!
15. He’s just missing the hat!
16. How did he get out of the picture?
It’s almost gnarly how similar these people are!
Now click that SHARE button so your friends can see this amazing compilation too!