Going on vacations it’s fantastic. We get away from our responsibilities and get to see new places. Eat delicious food and sunbathe without worries – a taste of heaven!
But at the same time, there’s a lot of planning involved for a vacation to be a success. If the hotel does not meet our expectations or if the flights have to be rebooked here and there, it’s clear that you won’t enjoy it as much.
However, the steps needed to file official complaints are quite numerous. Usually, you decide to never travel with that particular airline or stay away from that hotel chain.
However, some people go out of their way to find things to complain about. And we have collected 19 of the worst documented complaints we’ve seen.
We translated the complaints from different languages or changed them if they had too many typos. The sources are travel agencies and organizers from around the world. But I bet you’ll guess where some of them come from.
1. “We went on holiday to Spain and had problems with the taxi drivers since everyone was speaking Spanish.”
2. “We booked an excursion to a water park. However, no one told us we had to bring our own swimming clothes and towels.”
“The beach was too sandy”
3. “The beach was too sandy. We had to shower when we got back to the hotel room.”
4. “I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”
5. “The road was in such poor conditions that we couldn’t read the guidebook on the way to the hotel. This made us miss a lot of things that could have made our trip much better.”
6. “On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food at all.”
7. “My fiancé and I booked a twin room but we were placed in a double instead. We now hold the establishment responsible for the fact that I found myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room we booked.”
“No one told us there would be fish”
8. “The receptionist at the hotel got annoyed after we lost our third room key. That’s bad service.”
9. “We found out the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure displays the sand as yellow, but it was white.”
10. “The store owners in Puerto Vallarta kept closing during the afternoons. I needed to buy things during their ‘siesta’ – it should be illegal!”
11. “No one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled.”
12. “It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It only took the Americans three hours to get home, that’s quite unfair.”
“There was nothing about mosquitoes in the brochure”
13. “I compared the size of our one-bedroom villa to our friends’ three-bedroom villa. Ours was significantly smaller.”
14. “The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the accommodation.’ We’re trainee hairdressers – will we be OK staying there?”
15. “It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before the trip.”
16. “I was bitten by a mosquito. There was nothing at all about biting mosquitoes in the brochure.”
Vacations without outdoor AC
17. “Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined, as my husband spent all day looking at other women.”
18. “There were too many Mexicans, even the receptionist spoke Mexican. The food was Mexican too. Too many foreigners now live in Spain.”
19. “We had to queue outside on the beach with no air conditioning.”
It is crazy to see how ignorant some people are! Now press that SHARE button below so your friends can laugh at these complaints as well!
Source: Thomas Vacations, Association of British Travel Agents, Viralking, Lajkat.